Curious and Interesting Names Near Harmon Valley ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Judah (18 miles [29 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Judah
- Judah lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the west of Harmon Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Judah came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Judah
- Little Buffalo (23 miles [37 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Little Buffalo
- Little Buffalo lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the north of Harmon Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Little Buffalo came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Buffalo
- Peace River (20 miles [32.2 km] to the northwest)
- Springburn (11 miles [17.7 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springburn
- Springburn lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the south of Harmon Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Springburn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springburn
- Three Creeks (20 miles [32.2 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Three Creeks
- Three Creeks lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the northwest of Harmon Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Three Creeks came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Three Creeks
How Far From Harmon Valley to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Harmon Valley to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Harmon Valley and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 220 miles [354.1 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Harmon Valley to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 13 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 9 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,906 miles [3,067.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 75 days and walking would take 109 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,142 miles [9,884.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,904 miles [11,110.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,044 miles [8,117.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Harmon Valley. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Harmon Valley) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Harmon Valley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.1000, Longitude: -116.8333 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Harmon Valley to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 336.531 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 338.006 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.971 degrees.||