Our Genealogy Helper for Hardisty ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Hardisty (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Hardisty. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Hardisty:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Hardisty ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Hardisty.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Hardisty covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- High Mound Cemetery
- Lougheed Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lougheed Cemetery
- The Lougheed Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the south of Lougheed.Lougheed Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the west of Hardisty.
- Lougheed Cemetery has also been known as:
- Lougheed Village Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lougheed Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #1968319<2>
- Amisk Park Luteran Cemetery
- Bethany Lutheran Cemetery
- Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- Trinity Lutheran Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Hardisty.
- Trinity Lutheran Cemetery has also been known as:
- Trinity Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- Lakeview Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lakeview Cemetery
- Lakeview Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Hardisty.
- Lakeview Cemetery has also been known as:
- Lakeview Community Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lakeview Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2493057<2>
- Continue List ...
- Irma Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Irma Cemetery
- Irma Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the north of Hardisty.
- Irma Cemetery has also been known as:
- Irma Town Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Irma Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2371844<2>
- Merna United Church Cemetery
- Brown Family Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Brown Family Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Brown Family Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Brown Family Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Hardisty.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brown Family Cemetery
- Sedgewick Memorial Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Sedgewick Memorial Cemetery
- Sedgewick Memorial Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the northwest of Hardisty.
- Sedgewick Memorial Cemetery has also been known as:
- Sedgewick Cemetery
- Sedgewick Town Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sedgewick Memorial Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2436170<2>
- Merna Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- Jarrow Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Jarrow Cemetery
- Jarrow Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the north of Hardisty.
- Jarrow Cemetery has also been known as:
- Jarrow Community Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jarrow Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2402786<2>
- Fairfield Cemetery
- Wainwright Public Cemetery
- Wainwright Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Hardisty. See our List of 1890's Communities around Hardisty.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions for Hardisty ...
While our initial data about Hardisty came from various goverment sources, we have found mention of Hardisty in old books and maps. When we do, we'll find a fact here or a snippet there. We've created the following list to keep track of the documents we found useful in adding to our knowledge about Hardisty.
We hope that the following list of documents will be of interest to you.
Shell Oil Road Map for Southern Alberta (1951)
Published by Shell Oil Company
for Hardisty. See our Misc Page for Hardisty for more information.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hardisty. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Hardisty) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hardisty. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HardistyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hardisty. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.6744, Longitude: -111.3058 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|