Communities Also Named Haddock ...
We have found five communities that share the name Haddock.
Within Alberta, the name Haddock is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another five communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Lauderdale County
- This community is historic<1> and we have very little information. For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Alabama community of Haddock [Lauderdale County].
- Jones County
- This Haddock is located in Jones County and lies 2,140 miles [3,444 km]<2> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Haddock
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Jones County community of Haddock.
- North Carolina
- Columbus County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<3> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the North Carolina community of Haddock [Columbus County].
- Schuylkill County
- This Haddock is located in Schuylkill County and lies 2,037 miles [3,278.2 km]<2> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Haddock
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Schuylkill County community of Haddock.
- South Carolina
- Orangeburg County
- This Haddock is located in Orangeburg County and lies 2,208 miles [3,553.4 km]<2> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Haddock
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Orangeburg County community of Haddock.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Haddock ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Carrot Creek (14 miles [22.5 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carrot Creek
- Carrot Creek lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Haddock
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carrot Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carrot Creek
- Chip Lake (25 miles [40.2 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chip Lake
- Chip Lake lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southeast of Haddock
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chip Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chip Lake
- Nojack (21 miles [33.8 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nojack
- Nojack lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southeast of Haddock
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nojack came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nojack
- Peers (10 miles [16.1 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Peers
- Peers lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the south of Haddock
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Peers came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Peers
- Wildwood (32 miles [51.5 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wildwood
- Wildwood lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Haddock
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wildwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wildwood
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wildwood<5>
How Far From Haddock to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Haddock to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Haddock and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 102 miles [164.2 km]<2> to the east (E). If you could drive a straight line from Haddock to Edmonton, with an average speed<6>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 6 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take three full days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,864 miles [2,999.8 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 73 days and walking would take 106 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,273 miles [10,095.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,037 miles [11,325 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,150 miles [8,288.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Haddock
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Haddock. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Haddock, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Haddock) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Haddock. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HaddockOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Haddock. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.8119, Longitude: -115.9835 |
|<3>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Haddock could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Haddock to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 335.837 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 337.054 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.789 degrees.||