Communities Also Named Habay ...
We have found two communities that share the name Habay.
Within Alberta, the name Habay is unique.
While we haven't found any other communities named Habay in either the United States or Canada, we know of two communities located outside of the United States and Canada.
- Communities Beyond North America ...
- Distance: 4,286 miles [6,897.6 km]<1> to the northeast
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Habay
- Distance: 6,359 miles [10,233.8 km]<1> to the northwest
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Habay
Curious and Interesting Names Near Habay ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
In the vicinity of Habay, Hay Lake is located 23 miles [37 km] to the South
How Far From Habay to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Habay to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Habay and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 435 miles [700.1 km]<1> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could drive a straight line from Habay to Edmonton, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take most of a day to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 25 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 17 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 2,001 miles [3,220.3 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 79 days and walking would take 114 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,974 miles [9,614.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,732 miles [10,834.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,915 miles [7,909.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Habay) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Habay. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HabayOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Habay. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 59.1607, Longitude: -118.6942 |
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Habay to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 338.02 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 339.891 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.696 degrees.||