When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Gwynne.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Gwynne. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Gwynne.
Large Airports ...
- Edmonton Internationl Airport (YEG/CYEG)
- Calgary Intl. (YYC/CYYC)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Viking Airport (FAA ID: CEE8)
- Viking Airport lies 55 miles [88.5 km]<2> miles to the east of Gwynne.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking Airport
- Red Deer Rgnl. (YQF/CYQF)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Wetaskiwin Rgnl. (FAA ID: CEX3)
- Wetaskiwin Regional Airport lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> miles to the west of Gwynne.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wetaskiwin Regional Airport
- Camrose Airport (FAA ID: CEQ3)
- Camrose Airport lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Gwynne.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Camrose Airport
- Bawlf - Blackwells Airport (FAA ID: CFR2)
- Bawlf - Blackwells Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Gwynne.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bawlf - Blackwells Airport
- Ponoka Industrial Airport (FAA ID: CEH3)
- Ponoka Industrial Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Gwynne.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ponoka Industrial Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Cooking Lake Airport (FAA ID: CEZ3)
- Edmonton / Cooking Lake Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the north of Gwynne.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edmonton / Cooking Lake Airport
- Bashaw Airport (FAA ID: CFK2)
- Bashaw Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Gwynne.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bashaw Airport
- Tofield Airport (FAA ID: CEV7)
- Tofield Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Gwynne.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tofield Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Gwynne. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Gwynne), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Gwynne) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Gwynne. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Gwynne
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Gwynne. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.9889, Longitude: -113.1984