Curious and Interesting Names Near Gregoire Lake Estates ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
In the vicinity of Gregoire Lake Estates, Waterways is located 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the North
How Far From Gregoire Lake Estates to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Gregoire Lake Estates to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Gregoire Lake Estates and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 221 miles [355.7 km]<1> to the south southwest (SSW). If you could drive a straight line from Gregoire Lake Estates to Edmonton, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 13 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 9 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,696 miles [2,729.4 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 67 days and walking would take 97 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,025 miles [9,696.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,791 miles [10,929.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,888 miles [7,866.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Gregoire Lake Estates. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Gregoire Lake Estates) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Gregoire Lake Estates. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Gregoire Lake EstatesOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Gregoire Lake Estates. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.4669, Longitude: -111.1949 |
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Gregoire Lake Estates to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.927 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.88 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 318.998 degrees.||