How Far From Grande Cache to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as Grande Cache to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance<1> beginning in Grande Cache and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 230 miles [370.1 km]<1> to the east (E). If you could drive a straight line from Grande Cache to Edmonton, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 13 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 9 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,992 miles [3,205.8 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 78 days and walking would take 114 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,318 miles [10,167.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,080 miles [11,394.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,221 miles [8,402.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Grande Cache: www.grandecache.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Grande Cache) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Grande Cache. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Grande CacheOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Grande Cache. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.8841, Longitude: -119.1318 |
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Grande Cache to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 338.415 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 339.976 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 324.921 degrees.||