Our Genealogy Helper for Gordondale ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Gordondale (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Gordondale. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Gordondale:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
- Stories from British Columbia
Cemeteries Near Gordondale ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Gordondale.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Gordondale covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Gordondale Cemetery
- Hillhaven Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Hillhaven Cemetery
- Hillhaven Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Gordondale.
- Hillhaven Cemetery has also been known as:
- Bonanza Hill Haven Cemetery
- Bonanza Hillhaven Cemetery
- Hill Haven Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillhaven Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2514261<1>
- Blueberry Mtn. Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Blueberry Mtn. Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Blueberry Mtn. Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Blueberry Mtn. Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Gordondale.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blueberry Mtn. Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2552580<1>
- Briar Ridge Cemetery
- Rolla Community Cemetery
- St. Emile's / Old Dawson Creek RC Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Riverview Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Riverview Cemetery
- Riverview Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the west of Gordondale.
- Riverview Cemetery has also been known as:
- Pouce Coupe Cemetery
- Pouce Coupe Municipal Cemetery
- River View Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Riverview Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2512659<1>
- Cherry Point Cemetery
- Dawson Creek City Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Dawson Creek City Cemetery
- Dawson Creek City Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the west of Gordondale.
- Dawson Creek City Cemetery has also been known as:
- Dawson Creek Cemetery
- Dawson Creek Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dawson Creek City Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2321502<1>
- Peace View Cemetery
- Clayhurst Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Gordondale. See our List of 1890's Communities around Gordondale.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Gordondale. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Gordondale) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Gordondale. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GordondaleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Gordondale. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.8333, Longitude: -119.5500 |
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|