Our Genealogy Helper for Glenwood ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Glenwood (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Glenwood. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Glenwood:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Glenwood ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Glenwood.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Glenwood covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Glenwood Cemetery
- Hartley Cemetery
- Hill Spring Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Hill Spring Cemetery
- Hill Spring Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Glenwood.
- Hill Spring Cemetery has also been known as:
- Hillspring Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hill Spring Cemetery
- Hillspring Pioneer Cemetery
- Springridge Mennonite Cemetery
- Fishburn Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Fishburn Cemetery
- Fishburn Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the west of Glenwood.
- Fishburn Cemetery has also been known as:
- Fishburn United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fishburn Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- St. Paul's Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Paul's Cemetery
- St. Paul's Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Glenwood.
- St. Paul's Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Paul's Anglican Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Paul's Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2483310<1>
- St. Henry Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Henry Cemetery
- St. Henry Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the west of Glenwood.
- St. Henry Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Henry RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Henry Cemetery
- Leavitt Cemetery
- Brocket Colony Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Brocket Colony Cemetery
- Brocket Colony Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Glenwood.
- Brocket Colony Cemetery has also been known as:
- Brocket Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brocket Colony Cemetery
- Caldwell - Moir Cemetery
- Cardston Cemetery
- Mountain View Cemetery
- Beazer Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Beazer Cemetery
- Beazer Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the south of Glenwood.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beazer Cemetery
- Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- Trinity Lutheran Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the west of Glenwood.
- Trinity Lutheran Cemetery has also been known as:
- Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2314867<1>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Glenwood. See our List of 1890's Communities around Glenwood.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Glenwood. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Glenwood) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Glenwood. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GlenwoodOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Glenwood. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.3667, Longitude: -113.5167 |