Our Genealogy Helper for Glenevis ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Glenevis (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Glenevis. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Glenevis:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Glenevis ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Glenevis.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Glenevis covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Rich Valley Cemetery
- Darwell Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Darwell Cemetery
- Darwell Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the south of Glenevis.
- Darwell Cemetery has also been known as:
- Darwell County Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Darwell Cemetery
- Lac Ste. Anne Cemetery
- Our Lady of Lourdes Cemetery
- St. John Anglican Cemetery
- Belvedere Community Church / All Saints Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Belvedere Community Church / All Saints Cemetery
- The Belvedere Community Church / All Saints Cemetery is located 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the north of Barrhead.More precisely, Belvedere Community Church / All Saints Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km] to the north of Glenevis.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belvedere Community Church / All Saints Cemetery
- Wabamun Cemetery
- St. Luke's Anglican of Sion Cemetery
- Sion United Church Cemetery
- Smithfield Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Smithfield Cemetery
- Smithfield Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the south of Glenevis.
- Smithfield Cemetery has also been known as:
- Smithfield / Wabamum Cemetery
- Wabamum Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smithfield Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2546843<2>
- South Park Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the South Park Cemetery
- South Park Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the west of Glenevis.
- South Park Cemetery has also been known as:
- South Point Cemetery
- Southpark Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on South Park Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2365546<2>
- Heatherdown United Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Heatherdown United Church Cemetery
- The Heatherdown United Church Cemetery is located 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the northwest of Onoway.Heatherdown United Church Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km] to the southeast of Glenevis.
- Heatherdown United Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Heatherdown Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heatherdown United Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2404076<2>
- Continue List (33 more) ...
- All Saints Cemetery
- St. Dominic RC Cemetery
- Duffield Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Glenevis. See our List of 1890's Communities around Glenevis.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Glenevis. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Glenevis) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Glenevis. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GlenevisOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Glenevis. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.7908, Longitude: -114.5167 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|