Communities Also Named Garden River ...
We have found one communities that share the name Garden River.
Within Alberta, the name Garden River is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Garden River in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- This Garden River lies 1,483 miles [2,386.7 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Garden River
Curious and Interesting Names Near Garden River ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Fox Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fox Lake
- Fox Lake lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the southwest of Garden River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fox Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fox Lake
- Garden Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Garden Creek
- Garden Creek lies less than 2 miles<1> to the west of Garden River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Garden Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Garden Creek
How Far From Garden River to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Garden River to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Garden River and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 357 miles [574.5 km]<1> to the south (S). If you could drive a straight line from Garden River to Edmonton, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take five to six hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 21 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 14 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,826 miles [2,938.7 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 72 days and walking would take 104 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,932 miles [9,546.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,695 miles [10,774.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,834 miles [7,779.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Garden River. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Garden River) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Garden River. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Garden RiverOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Garden River. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.7135, Longitude: -113.8786 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Garden River to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 334.056 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 335.452 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.357 degrees.||