Communities Also Named Garden Creek ...
We have found three communities that share the name Garden Creek.
Within Alberta, the name Garden Creek is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another three communities that are located throughout in Canada and the United States. Of these three communities, one is located in Canada and the other two communities are located in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- New Brunswick
- This Garden Creek lies 2,121 miles [3,413.4 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Garden Creek
- North Carolina
- Haywood County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the North Carolina community of Garden Creek [Haywood County].
- McDowell County
- This Garden Creek is located in McDowell County and lies 2,142 miles [3,447.2 km]<1> to the southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Garden Creek
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the McDowell County community of Garden Creek.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Garden Creek ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Fox Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fox Lake
- Fox Lake lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the southwest of Garden Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fox Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fox Lake
- Garden River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Garden River
- Garden River lies less than 2 miles<1> to the east of Garden Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Garden River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Garden River
How Far From Garden Creek to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Garden Creek to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Garden Creek and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 357 miles [574.5 km]<1> to the south (S). If you could drive a straight line from Garden Creek to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take five to six hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 21 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 14 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,827 miles [2,940.3 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 72 days and walking would take 104 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,932 miles [9,546.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,695 miles [10,774.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,835 miles [7,781.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Garden Creek. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Garden Creek) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Garden Creek. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Garden Creek
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Garden Creek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.7134, Longitude: -113.8927
|<2>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Garden Creek could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Garden Creek to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 334.068 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 335.465 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.367 degrees.||