List of Neighboring Cemeteries ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Fort MacLeod (within 40 miles [64.4 km]<1>). The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
The following cemeteries are located in .
- Albion Ridge Cemetery
- The Albion Ridge Cemetery is located 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the southeast of Picture Butte.
- To be more precise, Albion Ridge Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km] to the northeast of Fort MacLeod.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Albion Ridge Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Albion Ridge Cemetery
- Alston Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Alston Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Alston Cemetery lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the north of Fort MacLeod.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Alston Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alston Cemetery
- Archmount Cemetery
- The Archmount Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the west of Lethbridge.
- More accurately, Archmount Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the east of Fort MacLeod.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Archmount Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Archmount Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2146605<3>
- Bowville Cemetery
- Brocket Colony Cemetery
- Cardston Cemetery
- Champion Cemetery
- Claresholm Cemetery
- Cowley Cemetery
- Fairview Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Fishburn Cemetery
- Fishburn Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the southwest of Fort MacLeod.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Fishburn Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fishburn Cemetery
- Five Mile Peace Lutheran Cemetery
- Glenwood Cemetery
- Granum Cemetery
- Hartley Cemetery
- Hartley Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the south of Fort MacLeod.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Hartley Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hartley Cemetery
- Hill Spring Cemetery
- Hillspring Pioneer Cemetery
- Holy Cross Cemetery
- Huntsville Cemetery
- Leavitt Cemetery
- Livingstone Cemetery
- Magrath Cemetery
- Mountain View Cemetery
- Orton Cemetery
- Orton Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the east of Fort MacLeod.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Orton Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Orton Cemetery
- Pincher Creek Colony
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Pincher Creek Colony. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Pincher Creek Colony lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the southwest of Fort MacLeod.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Pincher Creek Colony
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pincher Creek Colony
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2660492<3>
- Pincher Creek Fairview Cemetery
- Pincher Creek Pioneer Cemetery
- Royal View Memorial Cemetery
- St. Henry Cemetery
- St. Henry Cemetery lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the southwest of Fort MacLeod.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Henry Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Henry Cemetery
- St. Patrick Cemetery
- St. Paul's Cemetery
- St. Vincent RC Cemetery
- Springridge Mennonite Cemetery
- Stavely Cemetery
- Temple Hill Cemetery
- Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- Union Cemetery
- United Doukhobors of Alberta Cemetery
In Closing ...
If you know of any cemeteries that we are missing in the area of Fort MacLeod, can you supply us with the name of the cemetery, its GPS location, whether the cemetery is still in use or if it is historic (ie- defunct, abandoned, etc.). If it applies, we would also like to learn of any past or alternate names that the cemetery has been known by.
If you don't know the GPS location (ie- the latitude/longitude) of a cemetery, please use our Map Page for Fort MacLeod to determine the cemetery's position (the instructions for finding the latitude/longitude can be found below the map).
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Fort MacLeod.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Fort MacLeod: www.town.fortmacleod.ab.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
Need help with your genealogy? We always start with these websites when searching in and around the area of Fort MacLeod:
Links at Cyndi's List:
for Province of Alberta
Links at Family Search:
for Province of Alberta
We have a longer, more detailed list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Fort MacLeod.
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Fort MacLeod) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Fort MacLeod. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Fort MacLeod
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fort MacLeod. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.7333, Longitude: -113.4000
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|