How Far From Fort Chipewyan to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Fort Chipewyan to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance<1> beginning in Fort Chipewyan and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 368 miles [592.2 km]<1> to the south southwest (SSW). If you could drive a straight line from Fort Chipewyan to Edmonton, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take 6 hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 21 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 15 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,732 miles [2,787.4 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 99 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,887 miles [9,474.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,652 miles [10,705.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,770 miles [7,676.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Fort Chipewyan. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Fort Chipewyan) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Fort Chipewyan. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Fort ChipewyanOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fort Chipewyan. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.7174, Longitude: -111.1490 |
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Fort Chipewyan to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.82 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.97 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 318.424 degrees.||