Our Genealogy Helper for Forestburg ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Forestburg (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Forestburg. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Forestburg:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Forestburg ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Forestburg.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Forestburg covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Forestburg Public Cemetery
- Fairview Cemetery
- Pleasington Zion Lutheran Free Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Pleasington Zion Lutheran Free Church Cemetery
- Pleasington Zion Lutheran Free Church Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Forestburg.
- Pleasington Zion Lutheran Free Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Pleasington Zion Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pleasington Zion Lutheran Free Church Cemetery
- Galahad Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Galahad Cemetery
- Galahad Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the southeast of Forestburg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galahad Cemetery
- St. Martin RC Cemetery
- Merna Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- St. Boniface Catholic Church Cemetery, Spring Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Boniface Catholic Church Cemetery, Spring Lake
- St. Boniface Catholic Church Cemetery, Spring Lake lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the northwest of Forestburg.
- St. Boniface Catholic Church Cemetery, Spring Lake has also been known as:
- St. Boniface RC Church Cemetery
- Spring Lake Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Boniface Catholic Church Cemetery, Spring Lake
- Strome Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Strome Catholic Cemetery
- Strome Catholic Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the north of Forestburg.
- Strome Catholic Cemetery has also been known as:
- Strome Village Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Strome Catholic Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2365924<2>
- Spruce Coulee Cemetery
- Alliance Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Alliance Cemetery
- The Alliance Cemetery is located outside and to the south of Alliance.To be more precise, Alliance Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Forestburg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alliance Cemetery
- Merna United Church Cemetery
- Killam Cemetery
- Continue List (44 more) ...
- Green View Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Green View Cemetery
- Green View Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the northwest of Forestburg.
- Green View Cemetery has also been known as:
- Green View / Rosalind United Church Cemetery
- Greenview Cemetery
- Rosalind United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Green View Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2402527<2>
- Halkirk Cemetery
- Daysland Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Forestburg. See our List of 1890's Communities around Forestburg.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Forestburg
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Forestburg. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Forestburg) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Forestburg. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ForestburgOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Forestburg. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.5839, Longitude: -112.0683 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|