When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Ferintosh.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Ferintosh. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Ferintosh.
Large Airports ...
- Edmonton Internationl Airport (YEG/CYEG)
- Calgary Intl. (YYC/CYYC)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Viking Airport (FAA ID: CEE8)
- Viking Airport lies 51 miles [82.1 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Ferintosh.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking Airport
- Red Deer Rgnl. (YQF/CYQF)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Bashaw Airport (FAA ID: CFK2)
- Bashaw Airport lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> miles to the south of Ferintosh.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bashaw Airport
- Bawlf - Blackwells Airport (FAA ID: CFR2)
- Bawlf - Blackwells Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Ferintosh.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bawlf - Blackwells Airport
- Camrose Airport (FAA ID: CEQ3)
- Camrose Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Ferintosh.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Camrose Airport
- Wetaskiwin Rgnl. (FAA ID: CEX3)
- Wetaskiwin Regional Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Ferintosh.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wetaskiwin Regional Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Ponoka Industrial Airport (FAA ID: CEH3)
- Ponoka Industrial Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Ferintosh.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ponoka Industrial Airport
- Stettler Airport (FAA ID: CEJ3)
- Stettler Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Ferintosh.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stettler Airport
- Lacombe Airport (FAA ID: CEG3)
- Lacombe Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Ferintosh.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lacombe Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ferintosh. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Ferintosh), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Ferintosh) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ferintosh. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Ferintosh
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ferintosh. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.7647, Longitude: -112.9692