Communities Also Named Evansburg ...
We have found three communities that share the name Evansburg.
Within Alberta, the name Evansburg is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another three communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Butler County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Pennsylvania community of Evansburg [Butler County].
- Crawford County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information. For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Pennsylvania community of Evansburg [Crawford County].
- Montgomery County
- This Evansburg is located in Montgomery County and lies 2,049 miles [3,297.5 km]<2> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Evansburg
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Montgomery County community of Evansburg.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Evansburg ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Chip Lake (18 miles [29 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chip Lake
- Chip Lake lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the west of Evansburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chip Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chip Lake
- Cosmo (25 miles [40.2 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cosmo
- Cosmo lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the north of Evansburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cosmo
- Nojack (23 miles [37 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nojack
- Nojack lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the west of Evansburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nojack came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nojack
- Rocky Rapids (21 miles [33.8 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rocky Rapids
- Rocky Rapids lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the south of Evansburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rocky Rapids
- Round Valley (16 miles [25.7 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Round Valley
- Round Valley lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the south of Evansburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Round Valley
- Silver Sands (14 miles [22.5 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver Sands
- Silver Sands lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the east of Evansburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Silver Sands
- Tomahawk (17 miles [27.4 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tomahawk
- Tomahawk lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Evansburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tomahawk
- Wildwood (9 miles [14.5 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wildwood
- Wildwood lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the west of Evansburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wildwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wildwood
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wildwood<4>
How Far From Evansburg to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Evansburg to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Evansburg and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 61 miles [98.2 km]<2> to the east (E). If you could walk a straight line from Evansburg to Edmonton, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of three days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take about three full days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,823 miles [2,933.8 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of three days, a buggy would take 72 days and walking would take 104 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,270 miles [10,090.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,035 miles [11,321.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,137 miles [8,267.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Evansburg
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Evansburg. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Evansburg could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Evansburg) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Evansburg. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EvansburgOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Evansburg. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.5960, Longitude: -115.0106 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Evansburg to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 335.044 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 336.14 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.168 degrees.||