Around Eureka River ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Fairview. It is located about 29 miles [46 km] to the southeast of Eureka River.
The next largest community is Poplar Ridge.
It is located about 36 miles [ km] to the south of Eureka River
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Eureka River.<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bluesky
- Bluesky lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Eureka River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bluesky came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bluesky
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brownvale
- Brownvale lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> to the southeast of Eureka River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brownvale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brownvale
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Brownvale<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cleardale
- Cleardale lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the west of Eureka River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cleardale
- Deer Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deer Hill
- Deer Hill lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the southeast of Eureka River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deer Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dixonville
- Dixonville lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> to the east of Eureka River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dixonville
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Hines Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hines Creek
- Hines Creek lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the south of Eureka River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hines Creek
- Poplar Ridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poplar Ridge
- Poplar Ridge lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> to the south of Eureka River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Poplar Ridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplar Ridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whitelaw
- Whitelaw lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Eureka River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whitelaw
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Worsley
- Worsley lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the west of Eureka River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Worsley
Curious and Interesting Names Near Eureka River ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Eureka River.
Airports Near Eureka River ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Eureka River and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Eureka River.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Eureka River. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Eureka River were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Eureka River) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Eureka River. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Eureka RiverOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Eureka River. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.4500, Longitude: -118.7333 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Eureka River), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|