Curious and Interesting Names Near Erith ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bickerdike (9 miles [14.5 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bickerdike
- Bickerdike lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the north of Erith
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bickerdike came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bickerdike
- Medicine Lodge (15 miles [24.1 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Medicine Lodge
- Medicine Lodge lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Erith
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Medicine Lodge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Medicine Lodge
- Peers (33 miles [53.1 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Peers
- Peers lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the northeast of Erith
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Peers came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Peers
How Far From Erith to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Erith to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Erith and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 130 miles [209.2 km]<1> to the east (E). If you could drive a straight line from Erith to Edmonton, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 8 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,892 miles [3,044.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 74 days and walking would take 108 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,309 miles [10,153.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,074 miles [11,384.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,189 miles [8,350.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Erith
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Erith. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Erith) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Erith. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.4167, Longitude: -116.6833 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Erith to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 336.405 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 337.667 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.327 degrees.||