Curious and Interesting Names Near Enilda ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Crooked Creek
(26 miles [41.8 km] to the west)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crooked Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crooked Creek
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Crooked Creek
(12 miles [19.3 km] to the northeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Guy came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Guy
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Guy
(23 miles [37 km] to the northeast)
- New Fish Creek
(8 miles [12.9 km] to the south)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for New Fish Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Fish Creek
- Jump to a Google Map centered on New Fish Creek
- Sturgeon Heights
(26 miles [41.8 km] to the southwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sturgeon Heights came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sturgeon Heights
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Sturgeon Heights
- Sunset House
(20 miles [32.2 km] to the southeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunset House came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunset House
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Sunset House
(29 miles [46.7 km] to the northwest)
(23 miles [37 km] to the east)
How Far From Enilda to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Enilda to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance<2> beginning in Enilda and extending to:
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 199 miles [320.3 km]<2> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Enilda to Edmonton, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 12 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 8 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,922 miles [3,093.2 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 75 days and walking would take 110 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,193 miles [9,966.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,955 miles [11,193 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,093 miles [8,196.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Enilda. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Enilda) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Enilda. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EnildaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Enilda. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.4167, Longitude: -117.3167 |
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Enilda to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 336.93 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 338.406 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.428 degrees.||