Our Genealogy Helper for Egremont ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Egremont (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Egremont. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Egremont:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Egremont ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Egremont.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Egremont covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Holy Cross Ukrainian Catholic Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Holy Cross Ukrainian Catholic Church Cemetery
- The Holy Cross Ukrainian Catholic Church Cemetery is located 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Egremont.
- Holy Cross Ukrainian Catholic Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Czesnoho Christa Ukrainian Catholic Church Cemetery
- St. Michael Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Sand Hills Church Cemetery
- Sandhills Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holy Cross Ukrainian Catholic Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2547669<2>
- Redwater Cemetery
- Redwater Cemetery
- St. Anne RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Anne RC Cemetery
- The St. Anne RC Cemetery is located in Thorhild.To be precise, St. Anne RC Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the north of Egremont.
- St. Anne RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Anne's Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Anne RC Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2364574<2>
- Moose Hill Community Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Moose Hill Community Cemetery
- The Moose Hill Community Cemetery is located 3 miles [4.8 km]<1> to the east of Thorhild.Stated another way, Moose Hill Community Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km] to the north of Egremont.
- Moose Hill Community Cemetery has also been known as:
- Moose Hill Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moose Hill Community Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2363779<2>
- Nativity Blessed Virgin Mary Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Waskatenau United Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Waskatenau United Church Cemetery
- Waskatenau United Church Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the east of Egremont.
- Waskatenau United Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Woodward's Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Waskatenau United Church Cemetery
- St. Michaels Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Michaels Cemetery
- St. Michaels Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the northeast of Egremont.
- St. Michaels Cemetery has also been known as:
- Weasel Creek Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Michaels Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2589907<2>
- St. Demetrius Ukrainian Orthodox Cemetery
- Abee Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Abee Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Abee Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- The Abee Cemetery is located outside and to the southwest of Abee.More precisely, Abee Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the north of Egremont.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Abee Cemetery
- Holy Cross Ukrainian Greek Catholic Cemetery
- Sacred Heart Catholic Cemetery
- Emmanuel Anglican Church Cemetery
- Legal Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Legal Cemetery
- Legal Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the west of Egremont.
- Legal Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Emile Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Legal Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2221853<2>
- Bon Accord Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Egremont. See our List of 1890's Communities around Egremont.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Egremont. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Egremont) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Egremont. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EgremontOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Egremont. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.0382, Longitude: -113.1267 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|