When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Dogpound.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Dogpound. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Dogpound.
Large Airports ...
- Calgary Intl. (YYC/CYYC)
- Edmonton Internationl Airport (YEG/CYEG)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Red Deer Rgnl. (YQF/CYQF)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Carstairs - Bishell's Airport (FAA ID: CGB2)
- Carstairs - Bishell's Airport lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Dogpound.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carstairs - Bishell's Airport
- Olds - Didsbury Airport (FAA ID: CEA3)
- Olds - Didsbury Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Dogpound.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Olds - Didsbury Airport
- Sundre / Goodwins Farm Airport (FAA ID: CFZ5)
- Sundre / Goodwins Farm Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Dogpound.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sundre / Goodwins Farm Airport
- Springbank Airport (YBW/CYBW)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Sundre Airport (FAA ID: CFN7)
- Sundre Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Dogpound.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sundre Airport
- Olds - Netook Airport (FAA ID: CFK6)
- Olds - Netook Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Dogpound.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Olds - Netook Airport
- Acme Airport (FAA ID: CEG2)
- Acme Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the east of Dogpound.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Acme Airport
- Beiseker Airport (FAA ID: CFV2)
- Beiseker Airport lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> miles to the east of Dogpound.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beiseker Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dogpound. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Dogpound), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Dogpound) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dogpound. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Dogpound
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dogpound. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.4574, Longitude: -114.3996