Curious and Interesting Names Near Dina ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackfoot
- Blackfoot lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the north of Dina
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackfoot
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenshields
- Greenshields lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the west of Dina
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greenshields came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenshields
- Lone Rock
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lone Rock
- Lone Rock lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Dina
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lone Rock came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lone Rock
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Paradise Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradise Valley
- Paradise Valley lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the northwest of Dina
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paradise Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradise Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Yonker
- Yonker lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Dina
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Yonker came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Yonker
How Far From Dina to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Dina to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Dina and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 147 miles [236.6 km]<1> to the west northwest (WNW). If you could drive a straight line from Dina to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 9 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,618 miles [2,603.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 64 days and walking would take 92 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,218 miles [10,006.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,987 miles [11,244.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,043 miles [8,115.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dina. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Dina) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dina. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.9333, Longitude: -110.0833
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Dina to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.072 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 331.59 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.006 degrees.||