Our Genealogy Helper for Devonshire Meadows ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Devonshire Meadows (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Devonshire Meadows. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Devonshire Meadows:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Devonshire Meadows ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Devonshire Meadows.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Devonshire Meadows covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Peace Cemetery
- Calmar Community Cemetery
- Holy Trinity RC Cemetery
- St. Mary's Russian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- Rosehill Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rosehill Cemetery
- Rosehill Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the east of Devonshire Meadows.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosehill Cemetery
- Inga Community Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Heimtal Moravian Cemetery
- Westlawn Memorial Gardens
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Westlawn Memorial Gardens
- Westlawn Memorial Gardens lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the northeast of Devonshire Meadows.
- Westlawn Memorial Gardens has also been known as:
- Westlawn Cemetery
- Westlawn Memorial Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Westlawn Memorial Gardens
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2169828<1>
- Leduc Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Leduc Municipal Cemetery
- Leduc Municipal Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Devonshire Meadows.
- Leduc Municipal Cemetery has also been known as:
- Leduc Cemetery
- Leduc Public Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leduc Municipal Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2184321<1>
- Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- Ellerslie St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Cemetery
- St. Anthony Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Anthony Cemetery
- St. Anthony Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Devonshire Meadows.
- St. Anthony Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Anthony RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Anthony Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2272708<1>
- Ressurection Park Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Ressurection Park Cemetery
- Ressurection Park Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the south of Devonshire Meadows.
- Ressurection Park Cemetery has also been known as:
- Resurrection Park / Jehovah Witness Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ressurection Park Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2464415<1>
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Devonshire Meadows.
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery has also been known as:
- Mt. Pleasant Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #639338<1>
- St. Joachim Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Joachim Cemetery
- St. Joachim Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Devonshire Meadows.
- St. Joachim Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Joachim Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Joachim Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2225480<1>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Devonshire Meadows. See our List of 1890's Communities around Devonshire Meadows.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Devonshire Meadows. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Devonshire Meadows) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Devonshire Meadows. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Devonshire MeadowsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Devonshire Meadows. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.3900, Longitude: -113.8274 |