Curious and Interesting Names Near Demmitt ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Beaverlodge (24 miles [38.6 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaverlodge
- Beaverlodge lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the southeast of Demmitt
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaverlodge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaverlodge
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beaverlodge<3>
- Bonanza (24 miles [38.6 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bonanza
- Bonanza lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the north of Demmitt
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bonanza came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bonanza
- Goodfare (15 miles [24.1 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goodfare
- Goodfare lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the south of Demmitt
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Goodfare came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goodfare
- Gordondale (29 miles [46.7 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gordondale
- Gordondale lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Demmitt
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gordondale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gordondale
- Tomslake (10 miles [16.1 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tomslake
- Tomslake lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Demmitt
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tomslake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tomslake
How Far From Demmitt to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Demmitt to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Demmitt and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 287 miles [461.9 km]<1> to the east southeast (ESE). If you could drive a straight line from Demmitt to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 17 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 12 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 2,023 miles [3,255.7 km] to the east (E). Driving would take 4 days, a buggy would take 79 days and walking would take 115 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,229 miles [10,024.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,988 miles [11,246.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,150 miles [8,288.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Demmitt
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Demmitt. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Demmitt) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Demmitt. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DemmittOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Demmitt. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.4500, Longitude: -119.9000 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Demmitt to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 339.057 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 340.802 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 325.212 degrees.||