Our Genealogy Helper for Delph ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Delph (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Delph. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Delph:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Delph ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Delph.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Delph covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Waskatenau United Church Cemetery
- Nativity Blessed Virgin Mary Cemetery
- Chahor Russian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- Holy Trinity Russian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- Holy Cross Ukrainian Greek Catholic Cemetery
- St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the northeast of Delph.
- St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery has also been known as:
- Paraskevia Cemetery
- St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2370763<2>
- Continue List ...
- St. Michaels Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Michaels Cemetery
- St. Michaels Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the northwest of Delph.
- St. Michaels Cemetery has also been known as:
- Weasel Creek Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Michaels Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2589907<2>
- St. Demetrius Ukrainian Orthodox Cemetery
- Holy Spirit Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Redwater Cemetery
- Abee Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Abee Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Abee Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- The Abee Cemetery is located outside and to the southwest of Abee.Stated another way, Abee Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the northwest of Delph.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Abee Cemetery
- Wahstao Cemetery
- Newbrook Community Cemetery
- St. Anne RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Anne RC Cemetery
- The St. Anne RC Cemetery is located in Thorhild.More accurately, St. Anne RC Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the west of Delph.
- St. Anne RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Anne's Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Anne RC Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2364574<2>
- Redwater Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Delph. See our List of 1890's Communities around Delph.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Delph. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Delph) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Delph. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.0722, Longitude: -112.6789 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|