Our Genealogy Helper for Deer Ridge ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Deer Ridge (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Deer Ridge. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Deer Ridge:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Deer Ridge ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Deer Ridge.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Deer Ridge covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- St. Albert RC Cemetery
- Westlawn Memorial Gardens
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Westlawn Memorial Gardens
- Westlawn Memorial Gardens lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the south of Deer Ridge.
- Westlawn Memorial Gardens has also been known as:
- Westlawn Cemetery
- Westlawn Memorial Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Westlawn Memorial Gardens
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2169828<1>
- Beechmount Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Beechmount Cemetery
- Beechmount Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Deer Ridge.
- Beechmount Cemetery has also been known as:
- Beechmont Cemetery
- Beechmount Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beechmount Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2205652<1>
- Christ Church Anglican Poplar Lake Cemetery
- St. Joachim Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Joachim Cemetery
- St. Joachim Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Deer Ridge.
- St. Joachim Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Joachim Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Joachim Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2225480<1>
- Edmonton Municipal Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- St. Michael's Cemetery
- Little Mountain Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Little Mountain Cemetery
- Little Mountain Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the east of Deer Ridge.
- Little Mountain Cemetery has also been known as:
- Little Mountain Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Mountain Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2327926<1>
- Evergreen Memorial Gardens
- Chevra Kadisha Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Chevra Kadisha Cemetery
- The Chevra Kadisha Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located in Edmonton.Chevra Kadisha Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Deer Ridge.
- Chevra Kadisha Cemetery has also been known as:
- Edmonton Jewish Cemetery
- Jewish Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chevra Kadisha Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2278096<1>
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- The Mt. Pleasant Cemetery is a very large cemetery that is located in Edmonton.Stated another way, Mt. Pleasant Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Deer Ridge.
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery has also been known as:
- Mt. Pleasant Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #639338<1>
- St. Anthony Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Anthony Cemetery
- The St. Anthony Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located in Edmonton.To be more accurate, St. Anthony Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Deer Ridge.
- St. Anthony Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Anthony RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Anthony Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2272708<1>
- Clover Bar Cemetery
- Bon Accord Cemetery
- Alexander First Nations Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Deer Ridge. See our List of 1890's Communities around Deer Ridge.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Deer Ridge. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Deer Ridge) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Deer Ridge. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Deer RidgeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Deer Ridge. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.6525, Longitude: -113.6489 |