Communities Also Named Debolt ...
We have found one communities that share the name Debolt.
Within Alberta, the name Debolt is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Debolt in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Douglas County
- This Debolt is located in Douglas County and lies 1,387 miles [2,232.2 km]<1> to the southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Debolt
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Douglas County community of Debolt.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Debolt ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Crooked Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crooked Creek
- Crooked Creek lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the east of Debolt
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crooked Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crooked Creek
- Sturgeon Heights
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sturgeon Heights
- Sturgeon Heights lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Debolt
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sturgeon Heights came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sturgeon Heights
- Teepee Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Teepee Creek
- Teepee Creek lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Debolt
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Teepee Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Teepee Creek
How Far From Debolt to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Debolt to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Debolt and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 219 miles [352.4 km]<1> to the east southeast (ESE). If you could drive a straight line from Debolt to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 13 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 9 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,952 miles [3,141.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 77 days and walking would take 111 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,214 miles [10,000.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,976 miles [11,226.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,120 miles [8,239.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Debolt. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Debolt) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Debolt. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.2626, Longitude: -118.0981 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Debolt to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 337.572 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 339.117 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.994 degrees.||