Our Genealogy Helper for Czar ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Czar (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Czar. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Czar:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
- Stories from Saskatchewan
Cemeteries Near Czar ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Czar.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Czar covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Czar Lutheran Cemetery
- Sardis Lutheran Cemetery
- Lakeview Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lakeview Cemetery
- Lakeview Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the northwest of Czar.
- Lakeview Cemetery has also been known as:
- Lakeview Community Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lakeview Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2493057<2>
- Setting Sun Cemetery
- Brown Family Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Brown Family Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Brown Family Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Brown Family Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the west of Czar.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brown Family Cemetery
- Bethany Lutheran Cemetery
- Amisk Park Luteran Cemetery
- Cadogan Cemetery
- Cadogan Lutheran Cemetery
- Home Valley Cemetery
- Fairfield Cemetery
- Cadogan West Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Cadogan West Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Cadogan West Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Cadogan West Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Czar.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadogan West Cemetery
- Continue List (23 more) ...
- High Mound Cemetery
- Skyline Lutheran Cemetery
- Wainwright Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Czar. See our List of 1890's Communities around Czar.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Czar
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Czar. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Czar) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Czar. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CzarOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Czar. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4548, Longitude: -110.8253 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|