Communities Also Named Cynthia ...
We have found four communities that share the name Cynthia.
Within Alberta, the name Cynthia is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another four communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Hinds County
- This Cynthia is located in Hinds County and lies 1,904 miles [3,064.2 km]<1> to the southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cynthia
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Hinds County community of Cynthia.
- Callaway County
- This community is historic<2> and although located in Callaway County, we don't know where within the .
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Callaway County community of Cynthia.
- Reynolds County
- Although located in Reynolds County, we don't know the location within the .
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Reynolds County community of Cynthia.
- Lee County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<3> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Virginia community of Cynthia [Lee County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Cynthia ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Carrot Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carrot Creek
- Carrot Creek lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Cynthia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carrot Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carrot Creek
- Chip Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chip Lake
- Chip Lake lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the north of Cynthia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chip Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chip Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lodgepole
- Lodgepole lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the south of Cynthia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lodgepole came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lodgepole
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nojack
- Nojack lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the north of Cynthia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nojack came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nojack
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Rocky Rapids
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rocky Rapids
- Rocky Rapids lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the east of Cynthia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rocky Rapids
- Round Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Round Valley
- Round Valley lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the east of Cynthia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Round Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tomahawk
- Tomahawk lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the east of Cynthia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tomahawk
- Violet Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Violet Grove
- Violet Grove lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Cynthia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Violet Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wildwood
- Wildwood lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the north of Cynthia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wildwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wildwood
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wildwood<5>
How Far From Cynthia to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Cynthia to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Cynthia and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 80 miles [128.7 km]<1> to the east northeast (ENE). If you could drive a straight line from Cynthia to Edmonton, with an average speed<6>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,840 miles [2,961.2 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 72 days and walking would take 105 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,297 miles [10,134 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,062 miles [11,365.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,164 miles [8,310.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cynthia. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cynthia) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cynthia. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CynthiaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cynthia. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.2833, Longitude: -115.4167 |
|<2>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Cynthia, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<3>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Cynthia could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Cynthia to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 335.372 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 336.487 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.494 degrees.||