Communities Also Named Culp ...
We have found five communities that share the name Culp.
Within Alberta, the name Culp is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another five communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Baxter County
- This Culp is located in Baxter County and lies 1,802 miles [2,900 km]<1> to the southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Culp
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Baxter County community of Culp.
- Shasta County
- This community is historic<2> and although located in Shasta County, we don't know where within the .
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Shasta County community of Culp.
- Prowers County
- This Culp is located in Prowers County and lies 1,400 miles [2,253.1 km]<1> to the southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Culp
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Prowers County community of Culp.
- Blair County
- This Culp is located in Blair County and lies 2,051 miles [3,300.8 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Culp
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Blair County community of Culp.
- Perry County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<3> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Tennessee community of Culp [Perry County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Culp ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bluesky
- Bluesky lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Culp
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bluesky came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bluesky
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Guy
- Guy lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Culp
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Guy came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Guy
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Judah
- Judah lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the north of Culp
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Judah came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Judah
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kathleen
- Kathleen lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the east of Culp
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kathleen
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Peace River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springburn
- Springburn lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the northeast of Culp
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Springburn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springburn
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tangent
- Tangent lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the west of Culp
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tangent
How Far From Culp to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Culp to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Culp and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 222 miles [357.3 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Culp to Edmonton, with an average speed<6>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 13 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 9 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,932 miles [3,109.3 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 76 days and walking would take 110 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,173 miles [9,934.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,934 miles [11,159.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,078 miles [8,172.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Culp. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Culp) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Culp. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.7833, Longitude: -117.5333 |
|<2>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Culp, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<3>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Rock Creek to see Pete ... Rock Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Culp could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Culp to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 337.107 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 338.631 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.514 degrees.||