Welcome to Crammond ...
Although we found mention of Crammond during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Crammond was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Crammond to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Crammond, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Crammond might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Crammond would be found within the (403) and (587)<2> area codes.
Communities near Crammond ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Crammond.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Caroline
- Caroline lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the northwest of Crammond
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Caroline came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Caroline
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Caroline<4>
- Spruce View
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dickson
- Dickson lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the east of Crammond
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dickson came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dickson
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Burnstick Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burnstick Lake
- Burnstick Lake lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the west of Crammond
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Burnstick Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burnstick Lake
- James River Bridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for James River Bridge
- James River Bridge lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Crammond
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for James River Bridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on James River Bridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kevisville
- Kevisville lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the east of Crammond
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kevisville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stauffer
- Stauffer lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the north of Crammond
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Stauffer came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stauffer
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Butte
- Butte lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the north of Crammond
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Butte
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chedderville
- Chedderville lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the northwest of Crammond
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chedderville
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Crammond ...
Looking for more information about Crammond? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Crammond, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Crammond.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Crammond and then turned west". While Crammond could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Crammond as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Crammond could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Crammond) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Crammond. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.9992, Longitude: -114.6195 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|