Welcome to Butte ...
Time Zone: Butte lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Butte: (403) and (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Butte: T0M<2>
Adding Butte to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Butte was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Butte on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Butte ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 10 communities that are also named Butte - they are located in Alaska, California, Idaho, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota and Utah.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Butte.
Communities near Butte ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Butte.
- Rocky Mountain House
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eckville
- Eckville lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the northeast of Butte
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eckville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Caroline
- Caroline lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the south of Butte
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Caroline came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Caroline
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Caroline<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leslieville
- Leslieville lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the north of Butte
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leslieville
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Spruce View
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dickson
- Dickson lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the southeast of Butte
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dickson came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dickson
- Burnstick Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burnstick Lake
- Burnstick Lake lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the southwest of Butte
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Burnstick Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burnstick Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chedderville
- Chedderville lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Butte
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chedderville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stauffer
- Stauffer lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the east of Butte
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Stauffer came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stauffer
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Condor
- Condor lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Butte
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Condor
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Butte ...
Looking for more information about Butte? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Butte, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Butte.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Butte. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Butte, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Butte). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Butte or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Butte) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Butte. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ButteOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Butte. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.1881, Longitude: -114.7275 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|