When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Cowley.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Cowley. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Cowley.
Large Airports ...
- Calgary Intl. (YYC/CYYC)
- Kelowna Intl. (YLW/CYLW)
- Edmonton Internationl Airport (YEG/CYEG)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Lethbridge Co. Airport (YQL/CYQL)
- Canadian Rockies Intl. (YXC/CYXC)
- Airport Identification Code:
- IATA: YXC ICAO: CYXC
- Cranbrook / Canadian Rockies International Airport lies 76 miles [122.3 km]<2> miles to the west of Cowley.
- Official website: flyyxc.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cranbrook / Canadian Rockies International Airport
- Flight Tracking: [FlightAware]
- From SkyVector:
- [Chart] [Terminal Procedures]
General Aviation Airports ...
- Pincher Creek Airport (WPC/CZPC)
- Fort Macleod Airport (FAA ID: CEY3)
- Fort Macleod Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Cowley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fort Macleod Airport
- Claresholm Industrial Airport (FAA ID: CEJ4)
- Claresholm Industrial Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Cowley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Claresholm Industrial Airport
- Sparwood / Elk Valley Airport (ICAO: CYSW)
- Cardston Airport (FAA ID: CEA6)
- Cardston Airport lies 46 miles [74 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Cowley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cardston Airport
- Elko Airport (FAA ID: CBE2)
- Elko Airport lies 52 miles [83.7 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Cowley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elko Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cowley. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Cowley), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cowley) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cowley. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Cowley
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cowley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.5667, Longitude: -114.0667