Curious and Interesting Names Near Coutts ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
How Far From Coutts to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Coutts to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Coutts and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 321 miles [516.6 km]<1> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Coutts to Edmonton, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take five to six hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 19 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 13 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,701 miles [2,737.5 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 67 days and walking would take 97 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,496 miles [10,454.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,265 miles [11,691.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,303 miles [8,534.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Coutts. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Coutts) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Coutts. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Coutts
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Coutts. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.0000, Longitude: -111.9500
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Coutts to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.493 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.855 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.896 degrees.||