Our Genealogy Helper for Coolidge ...
So far, we found very little information about Coolidge. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Coolidge to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Coolidge, please Contact Us.
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Coolidge (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Coolidge. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Coolidge:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Coolidge ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Coolidge.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Coolidge covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Meanook Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Meanook Cemetery
- The Meanook Cemetery is located outside and to the northwest of Meanook.To be precise, Meanook Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the east of Coolidge.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meanook Cemetery
- St. Alban Cemetery
- Peaceful Pines Cemetery
- Athabasca Municipal Cemetery
- Jarvie Cemetery
- Dapp Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Dapp Cemetery
- Dapp Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Coolidge.
- Dapp Cemetery has also been known as:
- Dapp Community Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dapp Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2382064<3>
- Tawatinaw Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Tawatinaw Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Tawatinaw Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Tawatinaw Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the south of Coolidge.
- Tawatinaw Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tawatinaw Cemetery
- Cash Creek Cemetery
- Ferguson District Cemetery
- Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery
- Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the east of Coolidge.
- Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery has also been known as:
- Amber Valley Cemetery
- Amber Valley / Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2302070<3>
- Boyle Municipal Cemetery
- St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery
- St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the east of Coolidge.
- St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Alphonsus Cemetery
- St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Coolidge. See our List of 1890's Communities around Coolidge.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Coolidge, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Coolidge) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Coolidge. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CoolidgeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Coolidge. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.5872, Longitude: -113.5847 |
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|