When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Cold Lake South.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Cold Lake South. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Cold Lake South.
Large Airports ...
- Edmonton Internationl Airport (YEG/CYEG)
- John G. Diefenbaker Intl. (YXE/CYXE)
- Airport Identification Code:
- IATA: YXE ICAO: CYXE
- Saskatoon / John G. Diefenbaker International Airport lies 212 miles [341.2 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Cold Lake South.
- Official website: https://skyxe.ca/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saskatoon / John G. Diefenbaker International Airport
- Flight Tracking: [FlightAware]
- From SkyVector:
- [Chart] [Terminal Procedures]
- Calgary Intl. (YYC/CYYC)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Cold Lake Rgnl. (FAA ID: CEN5)
- Lloydminster Airport (YLL/CYLL)
- Viking Airport (FAA ID: CEE8)
- Viking Airport lies 113 miles [181.9 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Cold Lake South.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking Airport
General Aviation Airports ...
- Bonnyville Airport (YBY/CYBF)
- Goodsoil Airport (FAA ID: CKF4)
- Goodsoil Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the east of Cold Lake South.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goodsoil Airport
- Elk Pt. Airport (FAA ID: CEJ6)
- Elk Point Airport lies 42 miles [67.6 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Cold Lake South.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elk Point Airport
- Loon Lake Airport (FAA ID: CJW3)
- Loon Lake Airport lies 51 miles [82.1 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Cold Lake South.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Loon Lake Airport
- St. Paul Airport (ZSP/CEW3)
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cold Lake South. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Cold Lake South), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Cold Lake South) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cold Lake South. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Cold Lake South
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cold Lake South. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.4155, Longitude: -110.2093