Our Genealogy Helper for Clive ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Clive (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Clive. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Clive:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Clive ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Clive.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Clive covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Tees Cemetery
- Earlville Rutherford Cemetery
- Fairview Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Fairview Cemetery
- The Fairview Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located in Lacombe.To be precise, Fairview Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the west of Clive.
- Fairview Cemetery has also been known as:
- Lacombe Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fairview Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2239693<1>
- Alix Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Alix Cemetery
- The Alix Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the northeast of Alix.To be precise, Alix Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Clive.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alix Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2298412<1>
- Mirror Cemetery
- Blackfalds Cemetery
- Forest Home Cemetery
- Calumet Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Calumet Cemetery
- Calumet Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Clive.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Calumet Cemetery
- Alto Reste Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Alto Reste Cemetery
- The Alto Reste Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the east of Red Deer.To be precise, Alto Reste Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the southwest of Clive.
- Alto Reste Cemetery has also been known as:
- Alto - Reste Memorial Gardens
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alto Reste Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2131209<1>
- St. Michael RC Cemetery
- Great Bend Cemetery
- St. Peter's Lutheran Cemetery
- Continue List (54 more) ...
- Woody Nook Christian Reformed Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Woody Nook Christian Reformed Church Cemetery
- Woody Nook Christian Reformed Church Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the west of Clive.
- Woody Nook Christian Reformed Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Woody Nook Cemetery
- Woody Nook Christian Reformed Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woody Nook Christian Reformed Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2663035<1>
- Mt. Calvary RC Cemetery
- Red Deer Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Clive. See our List of 1890's Communities around Clive.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Clive
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Clive. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Clive) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Clive. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CliveOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Clive. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4833, Longitude: -113.4500 |