Communities Also Named Cleardale ...
We found one communities that share the name Cleardale.
Within Alberta, the name Cleardale is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Cleardale in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- This Cleardale lies 1,909 miles [3,072.2 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Cleardale
Curious and Interesting Names Near Cleardale ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Cherry Point
(21 miles [33.8 km] to the southwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cherry Point came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cherry Point
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Cherry Point
- Eureka River
(29 miles [46.7 km] to the east)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Eureka River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eureka River
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Eureka River
(25 miles [40.2 km] to the west)
(14 miles [22.5 km] to the northeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Marina came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marina
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Marina
- Poplar Ridge
(34 miles [54.7 km] to the southeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Poplar Ridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poplar Ridge
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Poplar Ridge
- Silver Valley
(12 miles [19.3 km] to the south)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Silver Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver Valley
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Silver Valley
How Far From Cleardale to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Cleardale to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Cleardale and extending to:
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 305 miles [490.8 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Cleardale to Edmonton, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take five to six hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 18 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 12 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 2,009 miles [3,233.2 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 79 days and walking would take 115 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,164 miles [9,920 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,924 miles [11,143.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,090 miles [8,191.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cleardale. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cleardale) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cleardale. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CleardaleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cleardale. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.3527, Longitude: -119.4762 |
|<2>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Cleardale to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 338.705 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 340.465 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 324.77 degrees.||