Curious and Interesting Names Near Clear Prairie ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Eureka River
(30 miles [48.3 km] to the east)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Eureka River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eureka River
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Eureka River
(29 miles [46.7 km] to the southwest)
(12 miles [19.3 km] to the southeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Marina came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marina
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Marina
- Silver Valley
(28 miles [45.1 km] to the south)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Silver Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver Valley
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Silver Valley
How Far From Clear Prairie to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Clear Prairie to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance<2> beginning in Clear Prairie and extending to:
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 316 miles [508.6 km]<2> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Clear Prairie to Edmonton, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take five to six hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 18 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 13 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 2,011 miles [3,236.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 79 days and walking would take 115 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,150 miles [9,897.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,909 miles [11,119 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,077 miles [8,170.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Clear Prairie. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Clear Prairie) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Clear Prairie. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.5833, Longitude: -119.5000 |
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Clear Prairie to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 338.724 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 340.501 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 324.747 degrees.||