Curious and Interesting Names Near Chipewyan Lake ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Peerless Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Peerless Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Peerless Lake
- Peerless Lake lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Chipewyan Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Peerless Lake
- Trout Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Trout Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Trout Lake
- Trout Lake lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Chipewyan Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trout Lake
How Far From Chipewyan Lake to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Chipewyan Lake to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Chipewyan Lake and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 232 miles [373.4 km]<2> to the south (S). If you could drive a straight line from Chipewyan Lake to Edmonton, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 14 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 9 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,800 miles [2,896.8 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 71 days and walking would take 103 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,044 miles [9,726.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,808 miles [10,956.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,930 miles [7,934.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Chipewyan Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Chipewyan Lake) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Chipewyan Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Chipewyan Lake
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Chipewyan Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.9015, Longitude: -113.8351
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Chipewyan Lake to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 334.066 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 335.309 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.729 degrees.||