Communities Also Named Chauvin ...
We have found one communities that share the name Chauvin.
Within Alberta, the name Chauvin is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Chauvin in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Terrebonne Parish
- This Chauvin is located in Terrebonne Parish and lies 1,886 miles [3,035.2 km]<1> to the southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chauvin
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Terrebonne Parish community of Chauvin.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Chauvin ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Czar
- Czar lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the southwest of Chauvin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Czar
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greenshields came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenshields
- Greenshields lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the west of Chauvin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenshields
- Lone Rock
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lone Rock came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lone Rock
- Lone Rock lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the northeast of Chauvin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lone Rock
- Paradise Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paradise Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradise Valley
- Paradise Valley lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the north of Chauvin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradise Valley
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Primate
- Primate lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<1> to the southeast of Chauvin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Primate
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rutland came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rutland
- Rutland lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the southeast of Chauvin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rutland
- Winter - Historic
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Winter. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Winter
- Winter was located 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the east of Chauvin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Yonker came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Yonker
- Yonker lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the east of Chauvin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Yonker
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Chauvin. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- John McLiam (Actor)
- Actor. He was born in Hayter (Alberta) on Thursday January 24, 1918 and died in Los Angeles (California) on Saturday April 16, 1994 at the age of 76. He is buried at Santa Barbara Cemetery (Santa Barbara County, California).
- Hayter is located 22 miles [35.4 km] to the south of Chauvin.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: John McLiam<4>
How Far From Chauvin to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Chauvin to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Chauvin and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 152 miles [244.6 km]<1> to the west northwest (WNW). If you could drive a straight line from Chauvin to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 9 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,618 miles [2,603.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 64 days and walking would take 92 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,235 miles [10,034.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,003 miles [11,270.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,058 miles [8,140.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Chauvin. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Chauvin) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Chauvin. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Chauvin
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Chauvin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.6833, Longitude: -110.1333
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Chauvin to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.111 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 331.612 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.089 degrees.||