Curious and Interesting Names Near Chateh ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Hay Lake (11 miles [17.7 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hay Lake
- Hay Lake lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Chateh
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hay Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hay Lake
- Rainbow Lake (31 miles [49.9 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rainbow Lake
- Rainbow Lake lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the west of Chateh
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rainbow Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rainbow Lake
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Rainbow Lake<3>
How Far From Chateh to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Chateh to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Chateh and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 404 miles [650.2 km]<1> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could drive a straight line from Chateh to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take most of a day to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 23 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 16 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,992 miles [3,205.8 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 78 days and walking would take 114 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,004 miles [9,662.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,763 miles [10,884 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,941 miles [7,951.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Chateh. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Chateh) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Chateh. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ChatehOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Chateh. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.6667, Longitude: -118.6000 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Chateh to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 337.952 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 339.781 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.727 degrees.||