Around Chateh ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Rainbow Lake. It is located about 31 miles [49 km] to the west of Chateh. Rainbow Lake has a population of 970 people.<1>
The next largest community is Upper Hay River 212.
It is located about 41 miles [ km] to the northeast of Chateh and has a population of 290 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Habay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Habay
- Habay lies 34 miles [54.7 km] to the north of Chateh
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Habay
- Rainbow Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rainbow Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rainbow Lake
- Rainbow Lake lies 31 miles [49.9 km] to the west of Chateh
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rainbow Lake
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Rainbow Lake
- Upper Hay River 212
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Upper Hay River 212 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Upper Hay River 212
- Upper Hay River 212 lies 41 miles [66 km] to the northeast of Chateh
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Upper Hay River 212
- Zama City
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Zama City came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Zama City
- Zama City lies 31 miles [49.9 km] to the north of Chateh
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Zama City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Zama City
Curious and Interesting Names Near Chateh ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Chateh.
Airports Near Chateh ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<4> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Chateh and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Chateh.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Chateh. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Chateh were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Chateh) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Chateh. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Chateh
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Chateh. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.6667, Longitude: -118.6000
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Chateh), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|