A visit to the Eureka River Cemetery ...
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere. We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site. Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Eureka River Cemetery ...
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Eureka River Cemetery
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Eureka River Cemetery
Lat: 56.4503° (56° 27' 1")
Lon: -118.8290° (-118° 49' 44")
Location using the Alberta Township System:
' . NE-11-086-06-W6 . ' (' . Quarter-Section-Township-Range-Meridian . ')
Or the Northeast Quarter of Section 11, Township 086, Range 06, West of the 6th Meridian
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Eureka River Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Alberta:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Although we don't have a link to the Eureka River Cemetery
itself, you might be curious about the African Methodist Episcopal Church. See their website at:
- The African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Disaster Stories from Alberta
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 6 communities are within 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> of the Eureka River Cemetery.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cleardale
- Cleardale lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the west of Eureka River Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cleardale
- Deer Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deer Hill
- Deer Hill lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Eureka River Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deer Hill
- Eureka River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eureka River
- Eureka River lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<1> to the east of Eureka River Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Eureka River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eureka River
- Hines Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hines Creek
- Hines Creek lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Eureka River Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hines Creek
- Silver Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver Valley
- Silver Valley lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the southwest of Eureka River Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Silver Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Silver Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Worsley
- Worsley lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the west of Eureka River Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Worsley
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 8 cemeteries that are within 20 miles [32.2 km] of the Eureka River Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
- All Saints Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Hinterland Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Hinterland Cemetery
- Hinterland Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the south of Eureka River Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hinterland Cemetery
- Immaculate Heart Cemetery
- Old Russian Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Old Russian Cemetery
- Old Russian Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Eureka River Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Old Russian Cemetery
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Peace Grove Lutheran Cemetery
- St. Paul's / Royce Lutheran Cemetery
- St. Peter & St. Paul Cemetery
- Worsley Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Worsley Cemetery
- Worsley Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Eureka River Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Worsley Cemetery
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
Our approach is to add the name of a cemetery whenever we see it mentioned - usually from newspapers, old books and maps. Typically we have little information to start with, but we try to add detail as we find it.
We've created the following list to keep track of the sources that we found useful for the Eureka River Cemetery:
- Referenced Books / Documents ...
- Alberta Sources - Cemeteries and other surname sources (Feb. 2007)
- Written by: Alberta Genealogical Society and other researchers, societies and groups
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Eureka River Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.4503, Longitude: -118.8290 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|