Welcome to Castle Junction ...
A typical abbreviation for Castle Junction: Castle Jct. (or less commonly used: Castle Jctn.)
Castle Junction is 4,680 feet [1,426 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Castle Junction is about ¾ mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Castle Junction lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Castle Junction: (403) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Castle Junction: T0L<3>
Communities Also Named Castle Junction ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Castle Junction - it's located in Illinois.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Castle Junction.
Communities near Castle Junction ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Castle Junction.
- Lake Louise
- Bankhead - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bankhead
- Bankhead was located 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the east of Castle Junction
- Minnewanka Landing - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Minnewanka Landing
- Minnewanka Landing was located 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the east of Castle Junction
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Minnewanka Landing. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Anthracite - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anthracite
- Anthracite was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the east of Castle Junction
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Anthracite. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stephen
- Stephen lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the northwest of Castle Junction
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Stephen came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stephen
- Georgetown - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Georgetown
- Georgetown was located 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the southeast of Castle Junction
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Georgetown. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Harvie Heights
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harvie Heights
- Harvie Heights lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the southeast of Castle Junction
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Harvie Heights came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harvie Heights
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Harvie Heights<5>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Castle Junction ...
Looking for more information about Castle Junction? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Castle Junction, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Castle Junction.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Castle Junction. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Castle Junction - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Castle Junction, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Castle Junction). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Castle Junction or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Castle Junction) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Castle Junction. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Castle Junction
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Castle Junction. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.2691, Longitude: -115.9183
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<7>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|