Our Genealogy Helper for Carway ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Carway (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Carway. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Carway:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Carway ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Carway.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Carway covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Aetna Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Aetna Cemetery
- The Aetna Cemetery is located outside and to the southwest of Aetna.More precisely, Aetna Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the northeast of Carway.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aetna Cemetery
- Beazer Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Beazer Cemetery
- Beazer Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the northwest of Carway.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beazer Cemetery
- Taylorville Cemetery
- Leavitt Cemetery
- Cardston Cemetery
- Mountain View Cemetery
- Caldwell - Moir Cemetery
- St. Paul's Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Paul's Cemetery
- St. Paul's Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the north of Carway.
- St. Paul's Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Paul's Anglican Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Paul's Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2483310<2>
- Hillspring Pioneer Cemetery
- Hill Spring Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Hill Spring Cemetery
- Hill Spring Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the northwest of Carway.
- Hill Spring Cemetery has also been known as:
- Hillspring Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hill Spring Cemetery
- Waterton National Park Cemetery
- Glenwood Cemetery
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Hartley Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Hartley Cemetery
- Hartley Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Carway.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hartley Cemetery
- St. Henry Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Henry Cemetery
- St. Henry Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Carway.
- St. Henry Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Henry RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Henry Cemetery
- Fishburn Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Fishburn Cemetery
- Fishburn Cemetery lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Carway.
- Fishburn Cemetery has also been known as:
- Fishburn United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fishburn Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Carway. See our List of 1890's Communities around Carway.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Carway
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Carway. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Carway) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Carway. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CarwayOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Carway. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.0167, Longitude: -113.3833 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|