Welcome to Carvel ...
Although we found mention of Carvel during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Carvel was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Carvel to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Carvel, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Carvel might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Carvel would be found within the (780) and (587)<2> area codes.
The Canadian Postal Codes for Carvel: T0E, T7Y<3>
Communities Also Named Carvel ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Carvel - it's located in Kansas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Carvel.
Communities near Carvel ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Carvel.
- Spruce Grove (12 miles [19.3 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spruce Grove
- Spruce Grove lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the east of Carvel
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Spruce Grove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spruce Grove
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Spruce Grove<6>
- Stony Plain (8 miles [12.9 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stony Plain
- Stony Plain lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the east of Carvel
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Stony Plain came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stony Plain
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Stony Plain<6>
- Alberta Beach (11 miles [17.7 km] to the northwest)
- Onoway (11 miles [17.7 km] to the north)
- Wabamun (10 miles [16.1 km] to the west)
- Woodland Park (18 miles [29 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Woodland Park
- Woodland Park lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the east of Carvel
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woodland Park
- Meso West (5 miles [8 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meso West
- Meso West lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northwest of Carvel
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meso West
- Garden Grove Estates (11 miles [17.7 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Garden Grove Estates
- Garden Grove Estates lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the east of Carvel
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Garden Grove Estates
- Sunset Point (12 miles [19.3 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunset Point
- Sunset Point lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Carvel
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunset Point came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunset Point
- Ross Haven (15 miles [24.1 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ross Haven
- Ross Haven lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Carvel
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ross Haven
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Carvel ...
Looking for more information about Carvel? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Carvel, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Carvel.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Carvel
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Carvel and then turned west". While Carvel could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Carvel as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Carvel could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Carvel, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Carvel). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Carvel or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Carvel) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Carvel. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CarvelOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Carvel. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.5333, Longitude: -114.2167 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|