Communities Also Named Carcajou ...
We have found one communities that share the name Carcajou.
Within Alberta, the name Carcajou is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Carcajou in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Jefferson County
- This Carcajou is located in Jefferson County and lies 1,590 miles [2,558.9 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carcajou
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Jefferson County community of Carcajou.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Carcajou ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Keg River (28 miles [45.1 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Keg River
- Keg River lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the west of Carcajou
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Keg River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Keg River
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Keg River<3>
- Paddle Prairie (17 miles [27.4 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paddle Prairie
- Paddle Prairie lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the northwest of Carcajou
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paddle Prairie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paddle Prairie
How Far From Carcajou to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Carcajou to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Carcajou and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 324 miles [521.4 km]<1> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could drive a straight line from Carcajou to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take five to six hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 19 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 13 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,930 miles [3,106 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 76 days and walking would take 110 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,039 miles [9,718.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,800 miles [10,943.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,957 miles [7,977.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Carcajou) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Carcajou. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CarcajouOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Carcajou. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 57.7833, Longitude: -117.1000 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Carcajou to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 336.729 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 338.353 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.836 degrees.||