Around Carcajou ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is High Level. It is located about 50 miles [80 km] to the north of Carcajou.
The next largest community is La Crete.
It is located about 38 miles [ km] to the northeast of Carcajou
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Bushe River 207
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bushe River 207 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bushe River 207
- Bushe River 207 lies 48 miles [77.2 km]<2> to the north of Carcajou
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bushe River 207
- High Level
- Keg River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Keg River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Keg River
- Keg River lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the west of Carcajou
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Keg River
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Keg River
- La Crete
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for La Crete came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for La Crete
- La Crete lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> to the northeast of Carcajou
- Jump to Google Maps centered on La Crete
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for La Crete
- Paddle Prairie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paddle Prairie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paddle Prairie
- Paddle Prairie lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Carcajou
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paddle Prairie
Curious and Interesting Names Near Carcajou ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Carcajou.
Airports Near Carcajou ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<4> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Carcajou and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Carcajou.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Carcajou were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Carcajou) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Carcajou. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Carcajou
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Carcajou. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 57.7833, Longitude: -117.1000
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Carcajou), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|